Sam Thompson regrets not sending Zara McDermott a secret signal from the jungle

Celebrity Trending
0


The newly crowned King of the Jungle, Sam Thompson, has revealed his one regret from his time on I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!


The reality star, who won the hearts of the nation with his cheeky charm and hilarious antics, confessed that he wished he had come up with a secret way to communicate with his girlfriend Zara McDermott, who was watching him from home.



Sam, 30, told the Mirror in an exclusive interview that he was jealous of his campmate Marvin Humes, who had a special gesture to send his love to his wife Rochelle and their kids.


"Every time his name was called out, he would touch his heart with his right fist. He said it was for them, to let them know he was OK and he missed them. I thought that was so sweet, but I didn't have anything like that. I felt bad for Zara, I should have thought of something," he said.


Sam and Zara, 25, have been dating since 2019, and have overcome a rocky patch in their relationship after she admitted to cheating on him last year. The couple have since reconciled and are stronger than ever, with Sam saying he "can't wait" to see her again.



"I missed her so much in there, she was my rock. She sent me the most amazing letters and photos, they really kept me going. She's been so supportive and proud of me, I'm so lucky to have her," he gushed.


Sam also opened up about his experience in the Australian jungle, where he faced his fears of snakes, spiders and heights, and bonded with his fellow celebrities.


He said he enjoyed getting to know people from different backgrounds and walks of life, and that he learned a lot from them.


He especially praised Nigel Farage, who he said was "a sweet enough dude" who "mucked in" with the chores and tasks.


"I didn't know much about him before, I don't really follow politics. But he was nice to me, and he had some interesting stories to tell. He's 61, and he was doing his bit, getting water from the creek and all that. I respect him for that," he said.


Sam also spoke candidly about his ADHD, which he was diagnosed with last year. He said he hoped that by sharing his condition with the viewers, he could raise awareness and help others who might be struggling.


He said he wished he had been diagnosed earlier in his life, as it would have made a difference to his education and career.


"I'm not ashamed of having ADHD, it's part of who I am. It makes me creative and spontaneous and fun. But it also has its challenges, like concentration and organisation. I've learned to cope with it, and I take medication when I need to," he said.


He added that he was glad that his ADHD was shown in a positive light on the show, and that he received a lot of messages from fans who thanked him for being open about it.


"I'm really happy that I could help some people, or inspire them to get diagnosed or seek help. It's not something to be embarrassed about, it's something to embrace and celebrate," he said.


Sam, who is best known for appearing on Made in Chelsea and Celebs Go Dating, said he was looking forward to returning to the UK and resuming his TV career.


He said he had some exciting projects lined up, but he couldn't reveal them yet.


He also said he was keen to start a family with Zara in the future, and that he wanted to have "at least three kids".


He said: "I love kids, they're so much fun. I think Zara and I would make great parents, we have so much love to give. We're not in a rush, but we definitely want to have a family someday."


Sam thanked his fans for voting for him and making him the King of the Jungle, saying it was "the best feeling ever".


He said: "I still can't believe it, it's surreal. I never expected to win, I just wanted to have a good time and make some friends. But to have the public's support and love, it means the world to me. I'm so grateful and humbled by it."


He added: "It was the most amazing experience of my life, I'll never forget it. I made some lifelong friends, I faced my fears, I had a laugh, I grew as a person. It was incredible, I'm so glad I did it."

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)